Dwarf himilayan rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinai

Reaction score
I have a question. My bun looks like a himilayan in color including eyes but the shape of his snout and some other small things have me wondering if he's a dwarf type of himilayan. I don't know how to put pictures on here. Someone can tell me I'll post a pic of him

Many breeds come in the same colours. Being a Himilayan colour does NOT make a rabbit that breed. It is simply a pointed colouring.

Perhaps if you posted some photos and included an accurate weight some experts may be able to give you a better idea to your rabbits breed.
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/showthread.php?t=76391

I don't know his weight as I just got him and do not have a vet appointment until the 7th of April but here are 2 pics of him in his corner litter box

Hopefully they will show up. He is very light when holding him.

I am no expert, but I think that is almost definitely a Himalayan Dwarf Rabbit. It is a little hard to tell, as the coulouring is perfect, however the snout, as you said, does look different. No matter what breed he is, though, he sure is a cute little bunny!

I am no expert, but I think that is almost definitely a Himalayan Dwarf Rabbit. It is a little hard to tell, as the coulouring is perfect, however the snout, as you said, does look different. No matter what breed he is, though, he sure is a cute little bunny!
LadyBug there is no such thing.
Just because a rabbit has those pointed colours DOES NOT mean it is a Himalayan breed of rabbit.
Thats as bad as everyone that says any rabbit that is white with black spots is an english Spot. Or every black dog with white feet and white blaze is a border collie.

That rabbit is definitely not a himalayan breed.
It is however a Himalayan coloured rabbit. Which comes in many breeds. Not sure if hes a blue or chocolate or...... Nothing to do with the breed himalayan. Totally different body type and size.
Just like cats - siamese, ragdoll, himalyan, etc all come in pointed colours.

Looks like a Netherland Dwarf or mix but i suggest waiting for one of our breeder gals or other breed experts to show up.

LadyBug there is no such thing.
Just because a rabbit has those pointed colours DOES NOT mean it is a Himalayan breed of rabbit.
Thats as bad as everyone that says any rabbit that is white with black spots is an english Spot. Or every black dog with white feet and white blaze is a border collie.

That rabbit is definitely not a himalayan breed.
It is however a Himalayan coloured rabbit. Which comes in many breeds. Not sure if hes a blue or chocolate or...... Nothing to do with the breed himalayan. Totally different body type and size.
Just like cats - siamese, ragdoll, himalyan, etc all come in pointed colours.

Looks like a Netherland Dwarf or mix but i suggest waiting for one of our breeder gals or other breed experts to show up.
Agreed! Im sorry, Watermelons, as I said Im no expert. I shouldn't have said anything; wait for the breeders to show up.

I will look that up and see what I find.

Sorry for not responding sooner. I looked up the info you provided Major and it's a fit. Now to find out his weight when I bring him to the vet on the 7th. :)

The breed for your bunny is Netherland Dwarf. The color (or variety) is actually himi marten and is a disqualifying color which is why he ended up as a pet bunny most likely. Normal Himalayan varieties in Netherland dwarfs do not have the white ear lacing that your bunny has and I can also see white on the underside of the tail.

Edit: wanted to add since watermelons wasn't sure he is a blue himi marten. Actually a pretty dark nice blue at that

Last edited:
Woah.

AWESOME. I was thinking black for coloring but then the tail and feet didn't match so to know he's a blue is cool . If you would like other pics of him i can gladly oblige. He's cute as heck!

Latest posts

Back