Help! Ash is acting weird!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitAsh

Reaction score
So, today I came in my room to change and I found bunny laying in a awkward position. My mother was vacuuming, and Ash normally gets scared and runs everywhere when the vacuum comes close to his cage. He sat in the same spot. Not even caring. He has no energy. And isn't acting like himself. He is going to be taken to the vet tomorrow. Last night I fed him about an adults size thumb amount of bananas. That could possibly be why.

Anybody know why he could be acting so strangely. Or tell me what I should do? Thank you.

They always do this nonsense on the weekend don't they, when the vet is closed. I would say treat like gas and give simethicone and critical care and water but I know if it's a blockage they should not be force fed.. which a vet needs to diagnose. Try to put fresh greens and hay in his face and offer water, maybe his favorites will entice him to eat something. And as you know, cut way back on sweets and treats from now on. I know it's hard to resist when they beg.

They always do this nonsense on the weekend don't they, when the vet is closed. I would say treat like gas and give simethicone and critical care and water but I know if it's a blockage they should not be force fed.. which a vet needs to diagnose. Try to put fresh greens and hay in his face and offer water, maybe his favorites will entice him to eat something. And as you know, cut way back on sweets and treats from now on. I know it's hard to resist when they beg.

He's been pooing strangely.

You might want to be a bit more specific here. But no energy / not moving much/ weird (small / distorted?) poops warrant a visit to the vet. Small poops indicate slow guts, but rabbits are generally not in pain and act normally while they are still passing poop (which is why people who aren't obsessing over the litter tray often find something is wrong only when full stasis has settled). The attitude of your bunny indicates pain, which is making him move and eat less, which in turn is causing the guts to slow and might end up causing stasis. If everything isn't back to normal when the vet opens, I would call and ask for an appointment ASAP. It's time for a full check up, possibly an x-ray and a scanner. It's best not to wait with that kind of symptoms, as a small curable thing can quickly turn into a life-threatening one (I once known a rabbit who stopped eating and went into stasis because he had bumped his tooth and had a small bruise on his gum - he got better after a few days of pain meds and force-feeding, but he might have died if the owner hadn't reacted quickly, which sounds kind of silly but... rabbits, you know ^^')

Thank you for your concern. Ash has been acting good so far. We assumed it was because of the bananas and it was. After pooping Ash seems better. I did not take him to the vet because he is fine. He is eating properly and gained his energy. I'm sorry I had a panic attack cuz that never happened before.

Latest posts

Back