I don't understand my Bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toplizzy

Reaction score
She comes to me, snuggles down for a cuddle and stroke for 10 mins then jumps up and repeatedly bites me hard. I make a load noise but she comes back to bite me again! Then 10 mins later she's back for a cuddle again and off we go again! If I stand up she runs around my feet in and out and hangs off my clothing biting me again, she stops when I fuss her! What's she telling me? She is four months old and had not been done!

Has she ever been for a vet check up, sounds like she could feel hurt or sick and that's the only way she can let you know it, or she just needs to be spayed.

It sounds a lot like hormonal behavior to me. You can, like Ivy said, check if she's not hurt by gently examining and palpating her - it's always useful to get the rabbit used to being examined anyway. If she reacts badly or shows any sign of pain, of course go to the vet. But at 4 months, the hormones is the most likely answer. Running around your feet is very typical too (as is biting, peeing everywhere, grunting, being territorial and an all around pest). Rabbits react differently to the arrival of maturity, my youngest rabbit was the worst teenager I've ever had. I felt like killing him about 30 times a day from the day he turned 3 months old until he was neutered. 24h after the operation, he was already a changed bunny. I could have married the vet. ^^
So if she's not hurt... you'll have to grin and bear it for a few weeks before getting her spayed. Get a vet knowledgable about rabbits to do it and it should help a lot.

Latest posts

Back