Rabbit Fiction

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm starting this thread for people to post any rabbit fiction that you come across. Most of us Ave read Watership Down I think; an amazing story told from a rabbits perspective. That's the only fiction I knew of that was about rabbits, aside from some Japanese childhood fairy tales. But a friend from London came across this book Year Of The Hare. It's the story of an average guy with an average life. When he comes across an injured baby hare, something in him begins to change- for the better! As he leaves his old, stifling middle class existence behind, he runs across various people. This book reminded me of On The Road by Jack Kerouac, but with getting drunk replaced by caring for an injured baby hare, and all the existential dread replaced by hope and a new love of life and humanity. It's a good read! If there are any readers out ther, I'm on GoodReads as Whiterabbitrage.

IMG_9991.jpg

I think most of the books with rabbits in them are children books. Of course, Beatrix Potter is one of the most famous author. There is a series called Magic Bunny who is still being released right now (there must be at least 40 books in that series and I'm pretty sure there is a 'Magic Kitten' and a 'Magic Ponies' series to go with it XD) but I wouldn't recommend it. I read one because I was really curious about what you could do with a 'magic rabbit' and it was pretty appalling. I know a few French books with rabbits but they probably aren't translated in English ^^.

In addition to that list, there's also a book called Frost Dancers by Garry Kilworth.

Watership Down is my favourite book of all time :)

Watership down is a good movie but I watched it when I was a kid and was super freaked out by it and I've never actually read the book before.

Latest posts

Back