Help Naming New Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoxxRabbits32

Reaction score
I just got a new rabbit and was wondering if anyone had any cute name ideas for her. She is a 5-month-old, tort, mini rex. I need a name for her pedigree and/or a barn name. Any help would be very appreciated. The names that I like for her so far are Pretty Penny and Smudge.

IMG_2243.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

Last edited:
If she were mine, her name would be Penny Dreadful rather than Pretty Penny, but to each his own XD
Honestly I don't really understand why a ton of people give food names to their rabbits. Considering that humans eat rabbits in most countries, I've always found that a bit disturbing.
Thalia? It's a Muse, also called The Joyful and The Flourishing.

Finding a name is always hard. I read whole lists of suggestions for my youngest rabbit and nothing stuck, but when I was talking with a friend I was like 'Oh, I don't know, I'll probably end up naming him something literary like Tybalt" and then 'Yeah, that's it! His name is Tybalt!' XD

Mine are named after alcoholic drinks (Whiskey and Brandy)- which started a long time ago with a rabbit we tried to name Butterscotch for his butterscotch colored tail (he was white otherwise). But he was a jerk- so we just called him Scotch instead. I also had a deaf rabbit I called Alexandria, but she didn't know or care her same was so long. :p You'll find a name that fits her soon, I have no doubt. Keep us updated!

Haha... I have a Butterscotch too. I don't eat butterscotch anything. ;-)

My brother wanted to name one of our rabbits Butterscotch (we also had Rascal and Ellie Nay), so we picked the rabbit with a brownish gold spot on the back of his head. He usually gets called Buttery or Butterbun. :)

Lol she looks like a Brownie to me XD
I like Smudge! (I have a chicken named smudge)

Do you drink coffee? Howabout Mocha?
espresso? P.s. doesnt look like a tortoishell color pattern. Is that what you mean by "tort".

My favorite name for a rabbit I had as a pet was Hoptart. He was a standard Chin. Your rabbit is very beautiful.

I named mine Fermi and Bose, after the physicists Enrico Fermi and Satyendra Nath Bose. (Fermions and bosons are the two fundamental classes of particles making up everything around us :))

How about Penrose or Thorne?

Latest posts

Back