Hay rack for x-pen

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiecrna

Reaction score
It drives me nutty how my bun has to sit in her hay and eat it. I tried making a hay rack that sticks out and she jumps up there and sits on it. The problem with this is that it's messy and I am wasting a ton of hay. She is now starting to dig in her litter box and hay is everywhere. Another thing is, I find when she pees on the hay.... it's just gross. She doesn't eat it and it smells. I obviously refill her hay once a day at least. (I know that these are not major bun issues but I'm OCD and my rabbit is right in the middle of our living room so it's a focal point and I'm a clean freak lol).

Anyone have any hay racks for the x-pen that isn't messy and can't be sat on. I was thinking of getting one of these Etsy litter/hay racks but I'm not sure if the price is worth it. Anyone have any experience with this type of thing?
dd89a0d78521bdfbda78e49a5c0c409f.png

Plus I want to eventually get a second bun so I was thinking instead of buying and trying multiple things that don't work it might be better to just bite the bullet and buy this. (My husband might kill me though).

Wasting hay isnt an issue for most people ;) start buying it by the bale and its pretty cheap. It is just dried grasses afterall.

There is a tutorial somewhere on this forum of someone building a wooden wall hay rack.
Any metal hay rack with a lid will work.
Bent NIC panel. Or cut a panel in half to be the sides and a full panel in the front with larger openings and some zap straps....
Lots of things can be turned into hay racks. All for cheap.

That thing you linked just looks overpriced.

i made any a hay rack out of this very strong cardboard tube, just drilled 2 large holes on it. he's not a big chewer so it should last awhile. and it was completely free, (found it among some boxes at Costco :rollseyes )

Latest posts

Back