Blood stain ! Help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jude

Reaction score
I have a year and 4 months old female rabbit
She is spayed and behaving normally as usual
Two days ago i found a stain on the cloth she sits at that is dark brown and looks like a blood stain
She pees and poops in a litter box and there both pee and poops looks normal
And today i found another small stain
Is it possibly blood?
Because she is spayed and its not urine with blood case as her urine looks fine in color we only found stains on the cloth where she sleeps

Please any advice ?

Could she maybe have broken a nail? I would check her over very carefully, including her mouth and teeth, for any small injury that might be hiding especially under her fur. Also check her bum to make sure she isn't dribbling urine. And if in doubt, a vet check up would be a good idea, also checking for blood in a urine sample if there are no injuries found to point to where the stains might have come from.

One time at the vet for a standard physical, the vet checked between my bun's legs (in a pretty hidden area) and I saw what I thought was blood. Naturally, I panicked and pointed it out to her and she said those were his scent glands and they produce a rusty, dark red color liquid sometimes. This is what I thought when I read your post. However, my bun is an in-tact male. Im not sure if spayed females would have scent glands in the same area...

I would monitor her eating/drinking/pooping, take her out an give her a physical, check for any cuts and maybe make an appointment with her vet just to ease your mind.

Latest posts

Back