Are these safe for my bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acdcfan23

Reaction score
My mom has a habit of picking me up cheap baby food. (I usually stick to apples and banana stuff). I give it to the bunnies as a treat every now and thwn. But my mom picks up some weird stuff sometimes...are these safe for my bunnies?

View attachment 1476887295355.jpg

A smidge (like extra tiny smidge) as a treat would be okay, but just like regular fruit, too much is bad. It may be nice to have on hand for stasis issues.

However those 10cent price tags scream expired and I am not sure how the organic stuff lasts....

As well as what other funky things are in baby food....

They only get a few licks and I don't get it for them often. They actually aren't expired yet and I watch the ingredients pretty closely I was just worried about mainly the sweet carrots and the amaranth

Just as a treat is fine. Just treat it like typical fruit treats. I cant find anything bad about amaranth online, seems people feed the plant to their rabbits. Its honestly something i've never heard of before.

Im all for using expired items (you should see my pantry) but just wasnt sure with organic items so as long as youre keepin an eye on that. Or empty the baby food into a ziploc bag and freeze it.

Latest posts

Back