Well it looks like it's time for Trix to go bye bye..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jigzitta

.::Call me Jigzy::.
Reaction score
I'm really sad, but he just keeps breaking his legs and I don't have the money to keep fixing his injuries. Plus this time it's one of his hind legs and that'll probably be even more money than his front paw costed that he injured last time. God knows I love Trix with all of my heart, but I'm going to have to take him to the animal shelter and just let them take care of and do whatever they have to do to help him get better. Worse case scenario, putting him to sleep, but hopefully it won't come to that. I just at least hope they can eventually get him better and give him a new home..:cry1:

How did he keep breakings his legs? :shock:

I've volunteered with rabbit rescues for many years and have had my own bunnies for 7+ years. I've never heard of a rabbit continually breaking their legs. That is just really shocking to me. I'm glad you surrendered the bunny to the animal shelter since you couldn't provide it with the urgent veterinary care it needed. Hopefully they can help him and he gets a good home.

How is your other bunny doing?

I've volunteered with rabbit rescues for many years and have had my own bunnies for 7+ years. I've never heard of a rabbit continually breaking their legs.

Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Does your rabbit have some kind of problem, like the bones of glass thing humans can have or was it caused by his setup because that's an unusual problem to have...

I've volunteered with rabbit rescues for many years and have had my own bunnies for 7+ years. I've never heard of a rabbit continually breaking their legs. That is just really shocking to me. I'm glad you surrendered the bunny to the animal shelter since you couldn't provide it with the urgent veterinary care it needed. Hopefully they can help him and he gets a good home.

How is your other bunny doing?

He was just so fragile and some how when I tried to place him in the cage he hurt his leg just so easily. I honestly believe that the pet shop I bought him from abuse their rabbits and do not take care of them well enough. So he may not had been well enough nourished. Plus most of the rabbits at that pet shop seemed to be very skittish just like he was. So I'm just never going to even buy another rabbit there ever now.

Oh, but Rosemary she's super healthy. I got her at another pet shop.

Sorry to hear about Trix - at least you can take solace in knowing he's pain-free now.

I'm glad to hear that Rosemary has a clean bill of health, too.

Latest posts

Back