small poop!!!!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMiniRex

Reaction score
I was spot cleaning Andy's cage today (he is not fully litter trained), and i came across some TINY poops! he is eating and drinking,playful and happy, and is eating his pellets now (tearing a part a crumpled paper with the pellets in them)
since i just spot cleaned and usually 5 min.s later he'll poop outside his box again, i'll check once i'm finished.
i also found a semi- small one on a blanket. the poops where regular colored.
what does it mean? should i be worried? what should i do!?
i'm super worried! :panic::panic::panic:

How old is he? How long have you had him?

If he's eating and active (which he is), and having normal poops in between the tiny ones, I wouldn't be SUPER worried. Have you changed his diet at all? What sort of treats does he get? Could they be cecotrophs that he isn't eating?

He's eating hay, the only treats I give him is fruit ( I never really 'buy' treats from the pet store) he did poop regular poops,
There not the ones he eats, I did get a lot of celery from the garden so I did feed him a bit more then usual, (not much other changes in his diet)
Why would he just randomly do that?

It happens. Some rabbits have small poops more regularly than others (it never happened to Tybalt in 3 years, while it happens to Aki sometimes) - it might be because he moults or because something stressed him out a bit . As long as he is eating, no signs of pain and still pooping there is no need to worry. When that happens to Aki, I cut some grass from the garden and give a handful of wet grass twice a day for a few days (rabbits will often eat more grass than hay and it helps hydrating the guts which is important to avoid stasis). I also give mainly wet leafy greens and avoid anything with too much sugar like carrots until everything is back to normal. If I feel like she isn't eating enough hay, I aksi give a more tasty one like second crop, but from what you say that might not be necessary?

I did get a lot of celery from the garden so I did feed him a bit more then usual, (not much other changes in his diet)
Why would he just randomly do that?

Having more greens than usual could certainly cause a change in poos. Any diet change can cause a change in poos. That could be anything from extra pellets to extra greens or extra fruit. Fruit would be the first thing to cut out when you notice a change.

Hay is the one constant that does not cause problems.

One thing you could also do is make sure you give your rabbit a good groom and get off any loose fur that might slowdown his digestion. I don't ever like seeing small poos either and usually try to give some extra leafy green lettuce (not iceburg) with water in hopes it will loosen things up.

Latest posts

Back