Columbus Ohio - Need Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvolak

Reaction score
Hello all. [FONT=&quot]I was recently given a newborn rabbit, the only one surviving out of the litter. I've had it for 6 days now and it is doing well, but I need to introduce cecotropes right away so that it can develop the appropriate digestive bacteria to eat solid food. I am trying to locate anyone at all in the Columbus area who may own a rabbit that I could get a handful of cecotropes from. I am just hoping that someone has knowledge of ANYONE at all that owns an adult bunny. A breeder, private owner, anyone at all would be helpful.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have exhausted my social media, all Ohio 4-H chapters, veterinary hospitals, veterinary offices, pet stores, OSU, Capital Area Humane Society, and the Ohio House Rabbit Rescue (who were surprisingly the most uncooperative) and have made absolutely no progress in four days. Unfortunately, this rabbit will die without the cecotropes and the situation is becoming urgent. I am happy to drive anywhere in the Central Ohio area to pick up rabbit poo. Please if you could think of anyone at all that could help, let me know. Thank you very much in advance for any assistance you can offer.[/FONT]

You might go into the ARBA website and look at the breeder listing for your area. It will give contact information. An alternative is to add acidophilus to the formula you're giving the kit. It's a stopgap until you get the cecals. You can get it at a health food store.

Latest posts

Back