Picking up bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buns16rouge

Reaction score
Hey everyone when I pick up my Newzeland and put her on on my chest and sit with her/pick her up she licks me and nips me. I have done the screech thing to let her know it hurts then she licks me then nips me again.How do I get her to stop nipping me

Try picking her up by supporting under her butt and belly. If she isn't nipping you hard, almost like nibbling, and she is licking you and THEN nipping you, she could be trying to groom you, as rabbits groom each other by licking and then nibbling on their fur. Also, you could have a food smell on you.

How long have you had her? How often do you handle her? How old is she?

I agree with PrettyBoi's response - make sure her feet/butt/belly are supported when you pick her up, so she will feel safer. And learn where she likes to be petted and what she considers her "no fly zone."

All the neighborhood children knew that our Miss Hoppy considered touching under her chin to be verboten, and the only time one of them got bitten was when she was telling her visiting cousin where not to touch, and did it as a demonstration. She said, "Ow! I deserved that." and was not mad at Miss Hoppy, just herself!

lol! My Pumpkin Spice likes the sides of her chin and her belly rubbed. Strange for a bun bun. :)

Latest posts

Back