Nibbling/nipping and introduction!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherrls

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the bunny world, got my first ever bun 2 weeks ago, he is a 5 year old male lop named Oreo. His previous family never neutered him, however after his recent behaviors with me, he is getting neutered next week.

Since he has now gotten used to me, I believe he is trying to show his dominance. He will not stop humping me and nipping at me. It's not aggressive. Whenever i walk past his cage, he basically gets really "excited" right away. When I do let him out of the cage, he will try to hump if I'm standing. If I go over to the couch, he will immediately jump on my lap, continuously smell and nip and my arms or clothing. I've searched various scolding methods and have tried them all like tapping the nose, letting a high pitched squeal, holding down the head, clapping, nothing works. Plus I think he's a bit hard of hearing. None of my communication methods have worked and it's becoming frustrated and starting to hurt. He also will basically dig into my arm as well. I guess it's a dominance thing, but how else can I stop this behavior? I'm hoping getting him neutered will help this behavior, but what if it doesn't? What other methods can I try?

Even though so far he's caused me some frustration, I do love him and am excited for my life with him! :)

Latest posts

Back