Hair in carpet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How do you guys get rabbit hair out of carpet? The vacuum barely works; you really have to scrape the vacuum around plus the noise is obnoxious. Do those carpet sweepers work for rabbit hair?

Hmm... I've never had a problem with that.

Is your rug super plush? Or maybe your vacuum isn't very good.

How good is the suction on your vacuum?

Sounds like a vacuum problem not a bunny hair problem :biggrin2: Dog hair, cat hair, bunny hair, it all loves to weave itself into carpets, clothes, blankets, towels and everything inbetween!
Some do a better job then others, some start to have issues. Having used a wide variety through out my life so far with the dozens of critters in the house, there are definitely some vacuums id like to chuck out a window. And making sure the vac has a good powerhead helps too!

I would definitely invest in a shop vac, does wonder with hay and fur. its a little more annoying but it really does the job, I like to do a quick vac with that then go over with another vac.

My rabbits hair along with cat and dog hair just vacuum's out no problems at all.

Oh man. Seriously? Was hoping you guys had a magic tip of some sort. Hate vacuuming! It's so noisy!! Was looking for a more peaceful solution. Thinking of trying a carpet rake. But I guess I will have to consider a shop vac. Unless I can get a time machine back to the 1970's to buy a better quality vacuum. ��

You could try dragging a rubber static brush through the carpet (something like a window squeegee may also work). The rubber tends to drag and ball the hair up so should make it easier to remove if you're having issues.

Oh man. Seriously? Was hoping you guys had a magic tip of some sort. Hate vacuuming! It's so noisy!! Was looking for a more peaceful solution. Thinking of trying a carpet rake. But I guess I will have to consider a shop vac. Unless I can get a time machine back to the 1970's to buy a better quality vacuum. ��

If the noise of a regular vacuum bothers you, then you'll hate a shop vac.
Just about any decent vacuum should do just fine. It sounds like perhaps your current vacuum has just lost its life.

Even my back up cordless vacuum has enough suction to get fur out of the carpet.

Back