New owner

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckrier1

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the forum and had our bunny little over a week now. He's a holland loo I believe? (Pics attatched) so he is a rescue. Not sure how old he is. Shelter didn't know. Now he gets fed 1/4 cup oxbow pellets and a lose cup of leafy greens and tips from approved lists. And tons of hay (he eats lots of hay. And his poops Seam fine. At the shelter he was binkying when taken out but now at home he doesn't. He has a cage we open it to a little play area whenever we are home and as of Sunday (week) iv been opening the pen and watching him. No binkys. He lays out lots.
8e262b639c1a88b51f8f128fd35a9451.jpg

He will binky soon he's probably still adjusting. They're stubborn sometimes ;p

He's shy and not yet used to you guys yet, give him some time and live and he'll soon be binkying like a goofball.

Awesome thanks! His name is Cj, he's pretty mellow. I believe he must be older because he doesn't run around and go crazy. He is pretty relaxed. Last question so his ears have some hair loss (pics attatched) the shelter had him tested for ringworm and he came back negative, so could this just be from being in the street and trying to hide in a small space?
053406918acf30741852e3365d9e620c.jpg
8f8140f6d6c8fa6eff9142570af12400.jpg

Fur thinning out on the back of the ears isn't uncommon, especially in warmer weather, as the ears are a primary way rabbits cool their body temp. As long as there's no dandruff or lesions, there's likely no health problem involved.

A few things can affect a rabbit wanting to play and binky. Usually when put in a new area or environment, first they have to get used to it and map it out, as most rabbits won't play until they are used to an area. Once that happens you will usually notice them starting to play. Then once they are completely used to an area and have been in it a lot, they may not play as much as the excitement of exploring a new space seems to wear off. If anything makes them nervous or cautious, that will affect them playing as they only play when they feel comfortable and safe. Also if it is too warm they won't play much as they are too busy trying to keep cool and bring their body temp. down. Usually in the mornings and late evenings when it's coolest, is when rabbits are usually the most active.

We have ac so not to hot but it does get hot. What are good ways helping him to cool down?

Thanks for all the quick help. I searched some of this, been parsing the pages here for a few weeks.

If it's below 80f, I wouldn't worry about it, though you could pull back the blanket in one spot so that he can have access to the wood/lino(?) flooring. Rabbits usually like to lay down on hard flooring to help cool off. If it does seem too warm for him, cool ceramic or marble tiles are good, or freezing a soda bottle filled with water(can cover with a cloth) is another way to help keep them cool(if they will actually lay next to it).

Latest posts

Back