Odd Behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brynyolf

Reaction score
I feel like I put one of these out once a week. My bunny is weird. Not that that is bad but he does things you can't Google easily.

So while litter training he has started doing a curious thing. When he drops on the carpet I usually pick it up and put it in the box. Half the time he uses the box and half the time he uses the floor. I'd say with his weirdness lately that's a win for us. However now when he sees the poop spoon (a plastic spoon dedicated to fecal retrieval) he has started picking up the nibblets and hiding them under or in things. He's even started taking them out of the litter (when he thinks no one is looking) and placing them on the floor.
I was wondering if this is a territorial things? does anyone else have a rabbit that does this?

Totally a territorial thing! Haha my rabbits have done something similar they're so silly. They're worried about where you're putting it, every poop marks their territory and can make it easier for predators to find them. They're probably wondering where you're putting it, if predators can find them there, and/or annoyed that you un-marked the territory they just marked lol

He's marking his territory. Especially common for rabbits that aren't neutered(though neutered ones may still do it).

Though my rabbits don't bother to bring out the ones I've swept up. They just make more :p

Latest posts

Back