Mini lop rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melis

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i have a sooty fawn boy mini lop if i bought another mini lop but bew or vienna would the kits have blue eyes if not what would i need to do to get my kits to have blue eyes someone told me i would of had to re breed one of the kits back to the mum to create blue eyed babies is this for sure anyone have same experiences breeding bew/vienna mini lop to a normal brown eyed ? Also i attached a photo of my boy he is 2 months 16 days what do yous think is he good quality and/or purebred ?

View attachment 1467216115118.jpg

View attachment 1467216163251.jpg

Not sure on quality because I don't know about standards outside of the US.

As far as the blue eyes you would have to have a blue eyed white parent then breed a baby back to the blue eyed white parent. Keep in mind this would create lots of pet bunnies that aren't suitable for show due to color and you would have a 50% chance of getting a full blue eyed white. Vienna marked rabbits are only kept in a breeding program if they are superior quality. You need space and time if you wish to do this though. It might be much easier to just get a blue eyed white pair.

Last edited:
I forgot to add about Vienna carriers as well. If you sell a Vienna carrier baby that has no white markings make sure to tell the buyer that it is out of a Vienna carrier or marked rabbit. Many breeders keep the Vienna gene far away from their other colors because of the fact that it creates pet rabbits or rabbits that can be disqualified from show. If you do not disclose this info to a future buyer that is planning to breed the rabbit you could ruin their other colors. If you breed a Vienna carrier or marked to your rabbit and you rebred the baby back then there's only a 25% chance of getting a blue eyed white

Latest posts

Back