Help me define breed!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JubileeFarms16

Reaction score
We are new to rabbits a this forum! I saw the breed finder thread, but I'm still confused about what breed we have. Any thoughts?

They have brown, white, black/grey splotches. On them all. We got them all from the same people who didn't know what kind of breed they are. Their fur is very soft. I'm thinking a mini-rex, Harlequin, Dutch mix of some kind...

One was pregnant and had some lighter colored ones, with one that has especially crimpy whiskers and curly fur!

Any help appreciated!!

IMG_20160523_174344.jpg

IMG_20160523_174413.jpg

IMG_20160525_101342.jpg

Looks like they have some Rex in them, Iris my mini Rex looks like that especially the ears and head shape.

Thanks for the responses so far!

The 1 fully grown male rabbit (pictured) is 5 lbs exactly.

Take a look at these pics and see if they may help!

IMG_20160527_105853.jpg

IMG_20160527_105946.jpg

IMG_20160527_105952.jpg

IMG_20160527_110008.jpg

IMG_20160527_110026.jpg

Very cute, and definitely mixes with some having Vienna marking similar to a Dutch. Rex fur is just like velvet, very tightly cropped and smooth and they have very short curly whiskers not the long ones I see on your bunnies. In the final analysis, all we care is that they are happy and healthy as all of ours are rescues and very few came as any kind of pure bred except our Checkered Giant and she was gigantic, but such a sweetie.

Hey just wondering what breed my rabbit is. Confident it is a New Zealand but she has Brown eyes. Thoughts?

Last edited:
How much does she weigh?

Frosty or ermine is a white rabbit with colored tips and brown eyes. This is a color not a breed at least not in the us. New Zealand's do not naturally come in this color so if the size is right then it is a mix

Hey, she weighs close to ten pounds she is a large rabbit, I live in Canada.

Hey, she weighs close to ten pounds she is a large rabbit, I live in Canada. She is solid white except her eyes are dark brown.

Latest posts

Back