Hard news

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivythelionhead

Reaction score
So for a few months I have not been around because I've been ashamed of myself, it all started when my rabbit Cessily died and I just felt so guilty I mean she was only 3 months old and I just found her one morning dead and then when I was still upset over her death my job had to let me go and then because I had no money I had to find Ivy my lionhead a new home as well and I just felt like the worst person ever because I swore that Ivy would always have a good home with me, anyway my life is finally turned around, I have a new job that pays more and I have Iris a bunny who was given to me by a friend because she dosent have time for her anymore, I still feel guilty about Ivy and Cessily thought but I'm just glad I can now move on. So that's my horror story so what have you guys been up to.

I'm very sorry that you went through all of that. At least you took the time to find Ivy a new caring home. I am glad to hear that things have improved for you and it's nice that you've had the chance to take in a rabbit from a home that couldn't look after her anymore, I see that as a little bit of repairing the past :)

I can certainly understand feeling guilty though, Bandit passed away on January 3rd (not sure how long you've been away from the forum) and in a way it was partly my fault. I picked him up for a grooming session, he struggled, I held on, and he ended up with a ruptured cecum. Nothing the vet could do about it. So it's always heartbreaking to lose a friend, but giving another rabbit a home is the light at the end of the tunnel. I've been saving up money since then and things are looking good for me to adopt another bunny in June. I can't wait, I feel I've moved passed the accident as much as I can but I'm also stuck not moving on because I haven't been able to adopt yet. If that makes sense. For you, getting Iris doesn't take away what happened, but she's a way that you can move forward, which is what's most important :)

Yea I totally get it, I mean I've lost pets before but with Cessily it was harder it took its toll on me and I mean Iris is wonderful she's so sweet and loving but she's not Ivy or Cessily and of course I love her but not in the same way, atleast not yet.

Latest posts

Back