I got my first bunny ever...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBunz

Reaction score
She was sold to me as a light grey Flemish Giant but I think she's may be a chinchilla x giant... Input? Her name is Lucky and she is 10 weeks old

20160501_115720.jpg

Big 10 week old bunn :D She is just gorgeous. What makes you think she is part chinchilla? She looks like a gorgeous Flemmie to me :D

Has she jumped over the edge of that tub yet? :p

That's a tough one. A light gray Flemish and a giant chinchilla are pretty close. If you blow on her fur, do you see the 'bullseye' type ring pattern of a chin?

122.JPG

I'll check when I get home for the bull's-eye. And yep she did just jump right out. We've been keeping her in the kitchen until payday and I'll buy a dog crate she can stay in in while I'm at work.

Thanks. She is pretty well behaved except for not being litter trained but we will work on that. She does have the bull's-eye so I guess she is a mix, but that's ok. I really think the breeders didn't know since they don't show rabbits or anything like that. They're just hobby breeders.

I think the breeder is correct. It looks like a light gray. This variety has an agouti coat which means it will have the bands when you blow into it.

Oh ok, awesome. I don't know a whole lot about bunny colors and breeds. I just knew I wanted a giant and there was a local breeder :)
Thank you! She is such a good rabbit. I'm so used to having mischievous pets like dogs, I thought yesterday I'd come home to my dining table legs chewed up but she just chewed her paper towel roll

Thank you! She is such a good rabbit. I'm so used to having mischievous pets like dogs, I thought yesterday I'd come home to my dining table legs chewed up but she just chewed her paper towel roll

Give it time :D

Latest posts

Back