Can I feed.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banana

Reaction score
Hello!! I just recently stumbled across a stray bunny so I have a bunny now! I was wondering if in addition to rabbit pellets could I feed those spring mix salad boxes or the herb mix salad boxes? The ones you get from like Safeway and such?

Also, I do have some cilantro and mint that is trying to go to seed right now in my garden and im also wondering if I could still feed it to the bunny? Its a bit tall and is getting flowers on it and the stem is a bit tough but could I cut off the leaves and still give them to the bunny? Thank you for any help!

Introduce greens slowly and watch for digestive upset.

Spring mix is fine. Herbs are great. Cilantro is usually like bunny crack.

Just dont give too too much kale or spinach (high protein high calcium items, alot of that can lead to bladder sludge and potential kidney issues)

ok so im reading the package and it says for spring mix:

Organic Baby Lettuces (Red & Green Romaine, Red & Green Oak Leaf, Red Leaf, Lollo Rosa, Tango, Butter Lettuce), Organic Red & Green Chard, Organic Mizuna, Organic Arugula, Organic Radicchio, Organic Baby Spinach

should I pick out the spinach then?

Also the package for the herb spring mix says:

Organic Baby Lettuces (Red & Green Romaine, Red & Green Oak Leaf, Red Leaf, Lollo Rosa, Tango, Butter Lettuce), Organic Red & Green Chard, Organic Mizuna, Organic Baby Spinach, Organic Arugula, Organic Radicchio, Organic Parsley, Organic Dill, Organic Cilantro.

Again, should I pick out the spinach?

No youll be fine to leave the spinach in. Its really not that much. And not enough to do anything.

Nothing beats home grown mixes though! Those dollar store mixed lettuces usully grow pretty well and can keep being re-cut. Plant a herb garden, well add to your herb garden.

Ok!!! Thank you so much everyone for helping me!!

Latest posts

Back