Is my house appropriate for a bunny to live in?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billie_ellen

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a rabbit and I want to keep it indoors but i do not know if my house is appropriate to house one. We have wooden floors in the house except for the bedrooms which have carpet. I don't know where to house the bunny but i was thinking that i could keep the hutch in my room. How big would a hutch usually be? I do not want an outdoor hutch because i know that it may not be best for the rabbit's welfare and we have many animals in our neighborhood. I have 2 cats but one was friends with the neighbors rabbit but it was pretty big so i'm not sure how the cats will handle a smaller one and my other cat hasn't seen a bunny before. Both cats would also have free reign to my room. I was thinking of getting Holland lop. Is it alright for me to buy a bunny at the moment or would it be best to wait?

also if there is anything you think I should know PLEASE tell me.

Thanks x

Carpet is best. As long as bunny doesnt chew and dig.
The room bunny is in and gets free time in should be fully bunny proofed.
Most people use NIC cages or c&c cages. Their just wire panels zap strapped together. Perhaps another member can link those cages here ;)

Bunny should never have free run when the cats are out. I would suggest closing the door for free time. And ideally a tall enough barrier around the bottom of the cage so if bunny is against the side curious kitty paws dont touch or scratch bunny.

It sounds like youre younger or rent? Do your parents or whoever owns the house approve of a bunny that could potentially eat their carpet and baseboards?

Latest posts

Back