Why dont my rabbit have any milk yet?helpppp

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Islandrabbitdude

Rabbitlover242
Reaction score
Its been 48 hours and my baby bunnies are skinny i see were mama been in the nest she pulled more fur but she has no milk i even tried milking her nothing came out.what should i do?

Are there any other breeders in your area that you could foster the baby too?
Is the doe getting enough protein? I've read sometimes does can be late in getting their milk production.
Hand rearing should really be a last resort as the outcome isn't usually all that great.
Otherwise I believe KMR - Kitten Milk Replacement is likely the way to go. Not everyone adds other things to it.
Have a read through this until Majorv or another one of our Breeders can offer some advice.
http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/orphan.html

Thanks for your reply but i live in the bahamas and their are not any other breeders that are friendly enough .what can i feed her to help milk production

Try giving the kits goats milk in a dropper since you probably don't have KMR available. It doesn't happen too often that a doe takes 48 hours to get their milk but the goats milk should keep them alive until she does. You could also try to find a vet who will give your doe something to bring her milk in. I will typically give my does a little calf manna because it's suppose to help with milk production, buy it may not be available there. It's high in protein.

Latest posts

Back