Bunny behavior in summer

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyman_t

Reaction score
Hi, these are some hot days here, my bunny doesnt eat properly (hay and grass). Because of that he doesnt poop much. I dont know if he is sick or not coz whenever i bring him out, he really loves to run and jump around in my room.. :confused:

Rabbits don't cope well with the heat and can quite easily suffer from heat stroke. Is there any way you can help to keep him cool? A fan directed towards part of his living area, a frozen water bottle to lay against? etc. Even if he seems ok after, sometimes repeated days in the heat can cause heat stroke from the gradual wear on the body, as opposed to the heat stroke that can happen quicker at higher temperatures. Is he still drinking plenty of water? I'm not sure if he's kept indoors or out, but if outdoors, make sure his water is kept out of the sun so that it doesn't get too warm, otherwise he may not want to drink it. You can also put an ice cube or two in the water bowl to help keep it cool.

A lot of animals tend to not eat as much when it's hot. Definitely do what you can to keep him cool (make sure he has shade for sure). My buns appreciated ice cubes in their water dishes. I'd also make sure he gets some fresh romaine lettuce. Washing it beforehand gives them a bit of extra water.

Thanks for ur replies. My bunny doesn't drink water. I tried bottle and bowl both but didn't work. I still keep a water bowl near him. I give him honey-water twice a day. he drinks some of that. He eats really very less these days (which includes more vegies and very very less hay and grass), he sometimes even refuses to eat carrot which is his favorite. He lives indoor, has plenty of shades and ventilation. Do i need to worry or no..?? any tips on how to make him drink and eat more

Latest posts

Back