Nail clipping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spitija

Reaction score
Hello! I have watched a Lot of videos about nail clipping for rabbits. They are always so calm but my rabbit is not like that at all. I cannot turn her On her back she does not like to sit On my lap. And nail clipping is a fight in my house. She really doesnt like it and she gets very stressed I can hear her heart beat very fast and loud stressed so I try to clip a nail every day so she would not get stressed. I have considered taking her to vet but every time we go to get check UPS she is very stressed. Only place she feels comfortable is home. She does not like to travel. So vet is not an option. Anyone has any good techniques for nail clipping for a not so calm rabbit? Please share

One thing you might try is to pick her up and take her to a place she has never been like the kitchen counter, or into your car trim her nails. Sometimes the shock of being in a strange place makes them freeze in place trying to figure out where they are and they sit still for a longer period of time.

Back