New here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumpingBerry

Reaction score
I've already posted a reply, so thought it was time to introduce myself.

I just found and joined this group today. I have 7 rabbits at this time and love them all.

My username is related to one of my bunnies, Berry, who is the loudest and most frequent thumping bunny in my household. Berry is a 4 pound lionhead lop mix who I purchased at a pet store about a year ago. He is my most active bunny, frequently running around his cage, digging in the corners, and when out, visiting my girls through the bars of their cages and getting into mischief ;) He is a friendly bunny who loves attention.

At the other end of the activity level is Buttercup, who came from the same pet store and may be related to Berry. She is the same age as Berry but weighs close to 5 pounds. I didn't get her from the pet store, but through an internet posting when she was about 3 months old. Buttercup is what I believe to be a fuzzy (longhair) double maned lionhead lop. She's calm and doesn't seem to like the noisy activity of the other bunnies sometimes. She can be cage territorial but once out of the cage is a good girl. She loves attention and is easy to pick up (at least, when in the mood, lol).

Other bunnies include:
Brandi, female fuzzy lop, 5 pounds, about a year old ... she's an active girl, friendly, loves attention;
Blizzard, male 2 1/2 pound double maned lionhead, about 6 months old ... my shy boy;
Penny, 10 - 11 week old female Flemish Giant, 5+ pounds;
Patty, 12 week old English Angora / English Lop mix, around 3 pounds, looks like a brown mini lop mix;
and my newest baby is unnamed right now ... broken blue male French Angora, 6 weeks old.

None are fixed right now but may look into getting some of them fixed as I have little interest in breeding and my rabbits are loved pets.

Wow you have a house full! They sound like great buns.
But neuter NOW. Seriously. Rabbits breed at a young age.
When I took Harvey in, she was so young some vets wouldn't do the surgery, but when the surgery was over, the vet told us she was already in her first estrus.

It will be a while before they are all fixed, due to the expense. They are all in separate cages and let out separately so no possibility of breeding.

I've attached a picture of Buttercup (taken today), showing her furry self fairly well. I'm positive she is a fuzzy lionlop, and think it is likely she is double maned. Regardless, she is a precious girl and I love her long fur.

The other picture is of my baby French Angora (pic taken a week ago). Already in a week, his fur has gotten longer and he's a bit bigger. He seems to be getting the hang of using his litter box.

buttercup041216.jpg

babyfa040216.jpg

Latest posts

Back