Increased appetite after spayed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spitija

Reaction score
Hello! I have a female rabbit 1.6 year old so not growning anymore. I had her spayed about a mounth ago and I have noticed that her apetite and drinking has increased very much and she does not exercise anymore. She used to like running around the room Most of the time and it was Hard to get her in her Cage but now she sits in her cage and its Hard to get her out. I am wondering if something is wrong. She had a minor stroke after being spayed but she has recovered very well she can move like she could before the stroke. She was given PAIN medicin for 7 days and some special medicin for post stroke recovery for 10 days ( cerebrosyl I think it was called its a extract from pig brain so she could recover her movemant and it was like food for her brain.... I cant explain it WELL.). Maybe its a side effect or something. She ALSO has gained weight not much but still has. I will call the wet tomorrow. Maybe someone here knows what it could be?

Let us know how things are working out. Had my two 6 months old bunnies spayed two weeks ago. They were subdued for a few days after, but seem to be ok now. About bunnies, a rule of thumb is that a little weight gain isn't that much of a concern, but a decrease in weight makes for attention.

OK. So I contacted the vet she Said that its normal that my rabbit is hungry because she had lost some weight while she was sick. I have to keep her diet under control.

Does your bunny ever get to go outside to a safe place with some grass to hop on. As my bunnies get older they seem very ho-hum about exercising in the house but still get excited and run around and explore a lot if I put them outside in an exercise pen on reall grass.

I TAKE her outside during summer. Some days she is More active some days she sleeps.

Latest posts

Back