Stroke after being spayed.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spitija

Reaction score
Hello! I had my 1 and half year old female rabbit spayed. After the surgary my rabbit had a stroke. The vet Said it is because of anastetics. She has been recovering very well. I wanted to know if anyone has had the samērā Situation? And what are the chances for my rabbit to live a long and happy life? Could she have another stroke soon?

Hello! I had my 1 and half year old female rabbit spayed. After the surgary my rabbit had a stroke. The vet Said it is because of anastetics. She has been recovering very well. I wanted to know if anyone has had the samērā Situation? And what are the chances for my rabbit to live a long and happy life? Could she have another stroke soon?

I'm sorry to hear the news, I hope that you and your rabbit are coping after that shock. Depending on the severity of the stroke, if it was just a minor stroke that she's nearly recovered from, then she should live a long and happy life. Or if it was a major stroke and she's lost mobility on one of her sides, she might not live long but if you give her some extra TLC, she can definitely like a happy one. :)

Hope this helps. xx

I'm sorry to hear the news, I hope that you and your rabbit are coping after that shock. Depending on the severity of the stroke, if it was just a minor stroke that she's nearly recovered from, then she should live a long and happy life. Or if it was a major stroke and she's lost mobility on one of her sides, she might not live long but if you give her some extra TLC, she can definitely like a happy one. :)

Hope this helps. xx

She is getting better each day. The recovery progress ir really fast beyond my expectations. On the second day after the stroke her head was not tilted anymore. She still has balance problems but she can stand On her own better every day. She is not paralysed she is eating On her own now I just give her medicine and very little critical care because she doesnt drink very much but still she drinks On her own. I am just worried for it to not happen again. I have been home with her all the time for a week now I will have to go to work NeXT week but I am afraid to leave her alone at home.

She is getting better each day. The recovery progress ir really fast beyond my expectations. On the second day after the stroke her head was not tilted anymore. She still has balance problems but she can stand On her own better every day. She is not paralysed she is eating On her own now I just give her medicine and very little critical care because she doesnt drink very much but still she drinks On her own. I am just worried for it to not happen again. I have been home with her all the time for a week now I will have to go to work NeXT week but I am afraid to leave her alone at home.

Back