Desexing - Netherland Dwarf female

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunaandPetal

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering how anyone else's female Netherland Dwarf reacted to their desexing operation? My female bun is booked in to be desexed (she's 4.5 months old) and I was just wondering what to expect after the operation. My vet has explained to me, but I was just curious about other people's experiences. I am quite nervous about having her desexed. Thanks!!

Don't have a Netherlands dwarf experience. My previous rabbit Bunny was neuterd at 5 years. My two Flemmish girls are scheduled for March 18.
Neutering was good for my previous rabbit. She was a house rabbit, and there was no more territorial pee marking. Even though she was very good with litter box manners, she still pee marked before neutering. Other than marking, other rabbits things....like chewing...also diminished. It's a really a good step for a rabbit to be a house pet and the rabbits' are definitely more at ease with their life when neutered.

All the rabbits I've ever had, are free ranging house rabbits..litter box behaviors. No cages, no pens. They live in our house as if it's their house also.

Latest posts

Back