Vegetables/Fruit For the Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flemishwhite

Reaction score
Interesting, that my wife has told me that the rabbits (our Flemmish 2 babies) seem to prefer Farmer's Market veggies as compared to grocery store veggies. When she feeds them a large platter of green leaf veggies from Farmer's Market and the local grocery store , they will eat the Farmer's Market veggies first! Similarly with fruit. My wife called me up at work and wanted me to buy a Fuji apple on my way home from work. Buy a Fuji apple at the nearby grocery store (Vons, Pavillions/Kroger) NO! I was directed to go, out of my way, to a Korean grocery store that specializes in premium fruit. Their Fiji apples are very sweet. Our bunnies will not now eat apple slices unless they are from the Korean grocery store.!!

I think we are looking at two very spoiled bunnies!!! That's OK, they are very lovely otherwise humble animals.

I guess that's why a local supermarket chain uses a rabbit in ads :D
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO2fgMYetho[/ame]
(skip to the second half...)

Truly. My guy will only eat Quaker Oats, not the generic kind. And at the summer home, which is well water, he doesn't seem to tolerate the water very well, slows down eating etc, so I started using bottled and then he was fine. Sometimes I can't believe the stuff I do. I peeled grapes for this little bugger.

I haven't noticed that with the fruits, but I have noticed that before with the veggies, especially the leafy kind. Sometimes I have both kinds in one bowl and he always eats the fresher farmers market veggies first.

I'll have to try that with the fruits and see if he has a special preference for one type over the other.

Latest posts

Back