New to bunnies, seeking education

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SumpinSpecial

Reaction score
Hello all! I have two greyhounds and a cat, but not bunnies. I have worked in dog rescue (US and International) for over ten years and recently when Rescue Fatique set in, I stepped away (although I'll never drop my friends there, or my love of the animals) and am launching an online pet store. I have a full time day job, so the pet store is a part-time effort. I'm officially launching it on Monday, so wait until then for a link and details but for now I come seeking education about pet rabbits.

The vision of my shop is to sell products that promote the mental and physical well being of pets. I think rabbits are fascinating animals so I am including them in my "clientele", along with dogs, cats, birds, rats and ferrets. I've lurked here a bit to get a sense of the issues rabbit owners deal with and how to properly care for them. Is there anything in particular you guys would like to tell an outsider like me? Book recommendations? :bambiandthumper

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I can say that there is tons of misinformation about rabbits on the web. A forum like this is a good way to vet some of that information.

A fairly standard recommendation for a book is The House Rabbit Handbook, by Marinell Harriman . It's been around for quite a while. I believe there may have been updates along the way. It was invaluable to me when I started keeping rabbits (before the days of internet!).

If you are looking for a quick online resource, you may also take a look at my site:
http://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com

I read in the forum policy that if I'd like to advertise my stuff for sale I need to upgrade to a vendor account and to pm Austin for that. I've been scanning usernames in random threads and topics and haven't seen an Austin yet. Does he have a different username? Can someone point me to him?

I think the account was changed to username Admin http://www.rabbitsonline.net/members/Admin/ and I feel like I should know but I can't find Austin's account and just the Admin one listed for forum leaders. Possible the person handling the forum changed hands though I don't recall info. In any case, that's the account your after. Can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the main page and clicking where it says "Forum Leaders" The Admin username is under the moderator heading. I'm there too, but don't know about vendor accounts I'm afraid.

Actually, if you click on the name "Austin" in that forum description "Sponsor Display - This forum is for Forum Sponsors to post their deals and specials. If you would like to post to this section please send Austin a private message." it actually takes you to a private message page where the user is listed as Admin, so yes, there has been a name change.

I sent a message to the admin a few weeks ago and have not recieved any answer. Bummer. Is the board not actively managed except by the team of moderators?

While those of us that moderate the forum are Admin, we do not work for the company that runs the forum itself and keeps it on the internet. There have been a few staffing changes on the groupbuilder side (the company that actully owns the forum and keeps it online)
None of us can and will take your money. But what i would suggest is as the money for being a vendor would go to the same thing, keeping the forum afloat, purchase a supporting membership and post your items to your hearts desire. I think thats a fair comprimise.

Latest posts

Back