intro and questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akitademon

Reaction score
hi everyone got bunnies for kids ended up with male snowball and patches a girl they had babies skunky (boy),fluffy(girl),dottie(girl), and ears that well thought was girl but then developed testicles but has nipples and vagina so hermaphrodite mostly girl I guess. well now have more babies and think dottie and ears are moms our girls are together in a hutch boys in their own hutch no fighting between them but in procees of making more hutches anyone else heard of a hermaphrodite giving birth she was pulling fur for last two days and so was dotties this morning seven kits in a nest of fur as soon as sure of moms they will be separated out with babies all babies together in one nest can we leave that way with both moms

I can't answer all your questions, but what I do know is that hermaphrodite rabbits are possible and they can give birth.

I don't really think it's suitable to leave both mothers in together, but if you separated you would want to be absolutely sure that the hermaphrodite one was definitely producing milk for the kits. If they both gave birth and were producing milk, it probably wouldn't technically matter which kits you gave to which mum as long as they were both feeding properly as rabbits act as foster mums very easily with kits a similar age to their own.

That being said, I'm not a breeder and someone who knows more might have a different opinion.

Sounds like you have quite a bunny problem on your hands with so many litters being born...

I'm not sure about the hermaphrodite issue

And I agree with azerane that the mothers will feed others babies just fine. When we have issues we have been able to foster babies onto another mom easily.

Back