Need help please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christiaan

Reaction score
I'm sorry that this is so long but I could really use some help here. So here it is. Thank you in advance for any help. I have a dwarf bunny, female. 8 months old and spayed. I just brought home a new bunny today. It's a baby male. 3 months old. Not nurtured yet. Vet wants me to wait until 5 or 6 months for that. New baby male is in cage in my bedroom. Female is caged in my living room. Everywhere I read about bonding says I can't put them together until both are spayed and nurtured. I get they can't be caged together yet. Does that mean they can't even see each other and I have to keep one in the bed and other in living room for 3 months? Can I not even put the cages together at about 3 inches apart before that to start the process?

Might be best not too. If they decide they dont like each other because of his hormones then things could get messy.
My spayed/neutered pair lost their **** when i brought my friends neutered male over.... and they couldnt even see each other. Sometimes rabbits just hate each other.

I'm sorry there was a bad result from putting them too close together, but I have often brought in a non-neutered foster and kept it beside yet separated far enough they cant nip through bars to get at each other. To me it does seem okay to cage them in same room but apart.

Latest posts

Back