Don't know what else to do

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnymommyLisa

Reaction score
Chubby stopped pooping yesterday. I gave him extra water and greens. He went once. I brought him to the vet and he has had blood work, extras, and water pumped under his skin. His stomach is huge and bloated and the doctor said he has kidney failure. He is 9 years old and not getting any younger I guess. She said the optimal situation is to hospitalize him and get him on an IV for a few days and see if that helps.

I feel like a horrible bunny mom because after this $500 visit, I can't spend another $200 per day for the hospital. And the doctor said it may not even change the failure.

I'm so sad but will do all of the treatments she gave me at home. This includes me giving him liquids under his skin. Chubby is also getting three different meds I have to give him.

I just needed to vent. :(
Thanks-
Lisa View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1444665988.879246.jpg

Try giving him extra fruits as well, such as strawberries and bananas. It might help him poop. It also may give him diarrhea if you give him too much, though.

Looks like you are doing everything you can. Good luck to you and Chubby. Sorry you have to go through this.

Dear Bunnymommy,
You are doing everything humanly possible to make Chubby comfortable. It sounds like he has lived a fairly long and much loved life too. You have nothing to feel guilty about as far as the cost of his care. He is far better off at home. We all know there will come a time when we will have to make that compassionate decision to end our beloved bunny's pain. Only you will know when it is time. Chubby will either recover or continue to deteriorate in the next day or two. My heart goes out to you. I can tell how very much you love him. Jane

Latest posts

Back