Flooring? :D

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazelbear

Reaction score
Hello. I bought two little rabbits today and have set them up in our bathroom but unfortunately the floor is quite slippy. Would it be ok if I laid down some towels and blankets for them to hop about on?

I normally have fleece down for my rabbits and it's safe for them .. idk about towels though if they dig and chew them they could possible ingest some of the thread or fibers with could be very dangerous if they ingest to much

I bought lino for really cheap that I put down on the tiles of our kitchen floor. It's easy to lift and clean.

As long as there aren't any holes or loose strings, and they aren't trying to chew and ingest any strings. This is why fleece is commonly used for rabbits, as it doesn't fray with loose strings like other fabrics can. The danger with ingesting strings of fabric is that they can potentially pose a risk of GI obstruction if too much is ingested.

I've use vinyl flooring- it comes in rolls at home stores for about $0.30-$1 a square foot depending on what you get. Just be careful so they can't chew on the edges. Great for cleaning up any accidents or spills.

I have a spare piece of carpet laid down with a sheet over it because my rabbits tend to chew on the carpet and the sheet prevents that. They have blankets they can chew on.

Latest posts

Back