Hello

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sibelabmom

@lokibragiandtyr_buns
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm Stacy, new to both the forum and to owning rabbits. I've had dogs for years. Two of them are Arctic dogs (a malamute and a husky), the other two are a Lab mix and a Shepherd mix, and I have been leery of having rabbits in the same house, but I'm studying to be a vet tech, and during the lab animal course, the school rabbits had to be taken home by students on the weekends. On the weekend that I did so, as a trial, things went very well. The bunny was only allowed out of the cage when the dogs were not in the room, an adult was present, and the door was kept closed. My 10 and 5 year old were surprisingly obedient to these rules, so when the lab animal course was over, we adopted one of the rabbits, a dainty looking charcoal grey fuzzball we named Autumn. We have no idea what type of bunny she is, or her age. She's been home for a little over a week now. Today we adopted another female so she would have a playmate, a brown and white bunny, so we're supervising to see if they're going to get along!!

Wow that's an interesting way of getting into rabbits. Welcome to the forum :)

Back