Pregnant?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassrabbit

Reaction score
Ok so I bought 2 rabbits yesterday( I don't know what breed) and the woman I bought them from said the doe might be pregnant. So i put them in the same cage today and the buck chased the doe for minutes until he finally got a hold of her And he did his thing for awhile and a few time but he never fell off or grunted and she never lifted her back. So I put them in the same cage a few more times hours apart and the second time they mated for a few second and the other 2 times they didn't do anything. So my question is do y'all think she's pregnant or what. I can't palpat her because she won't let me grab her the only way I got them both into one cage is because I got her to walk into a pet carrier.

So when you got them the lady said the doe may already be pregnant? If that is so then why did you attempt to breed her again?

If the buck did not grunt and fall off then no they did not breed successfully

If you cannot palpate then the only ways to tell if she is pregnant is by waiting 35 days and if she doesn't have anything then try again or you can take her to a vet to get x-rays done.

If you were putting these two rabbits together because you might have heard this is a way to tell if the doe is pregnant then you have been mistaken. This an archaic way to tell if a doe is pregnant and usually doesn't mean anything. Depending on the doe even though she may be pregnant she could either act aggressively towards the buck or let him breed her. If the buck bred her a second time after she was already bred I would also suggest you put the date on the calendar and treat it as a possible second kindling date. Although a rabbit having two litters in each uterine horn Is very rare it can still happen and isn't the safest.

Latest posts

Back