Hearing him breathe???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rochy

Reaction score
When my bun is out playing , he stops and lie down and if i go up to his nose with my ear i could hear him breathing as if he is fighting to breathe.....is that from being tired from running? Or do rabbits usually have a soft sound when they are breathing? Or is something wrong??

I should also add that his nose is runny because right under his nose is wet and also when he puts his head to the ground for me to rub it, he leaves a tiny little area wet. Its clear and so is the wetness under his nose. He sneezes a good bit as well, its usually when he is sniffing around the house so I don't know what to do...???

If you think your rabbit has signs of respiratory illness, you should have him checked by your vet.

Yeah, I'm taking him tomorrow for sure.....but from my information does it sound serious?

As long as he's not mouth breathing or having labored breathing, having thick nasal discharge, or having noisy breathing, no it doesn't sound very serious, but this is just an opinion based on limited information.

I took him to the vet.... She said that if it is snuffles his nose is way too clean for it to be that and she doesn't want to give him antibiotics this early as it could make him way worse. Also she isn't hearing anything in his lungs.
She said under his nose is a bit wet but its clear and not matted so its not serious especially if he is acting normal (eating, drinking etc).
She could not get to hear him breathing but i did tell her that it sounded as if he was stuffed....she gave me ideas of what could be causing that to happen such as dust etc.
what i would like to know is how can i help him with his stuffy nose because i can hear him one or twice try to blow his nose out but he isn't stretching his neck to get oxygen or anything like that....he is actually with his head on the ground sleeping.

I took him to the vet.... She said that if it is snuffles his nose is way too clean for it to be that and she doesn't want to give him antibiotics this early as it could make him way worse. Also she isn't hearing anything in his lungs.
She said under his nose is a bit wet but its clear and not matted so its not serious especially if he is acting normal (eating, drinking etc).
She could not get to hear him breathing but i did tell her that it sounded as if he was stuffed....she gave me ideas of what could be causing that to happen such as dust etc.
what i would like to know is how can i help him with his stuffy nose because i can hear him one or twice try to blow his nose out but he isn't stretching his neck to get oxygen or anything like that....he is actually with his head on the ground sleeping.

get some xrays of the skull, I wish we did earlier

Latest posts

Back