What do i do???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rochy

Reaction score
Last night, electricity went for over 5 hours.... The house was so warm. I knew my bunny would be way hotter than i was so i opened the door to get some air in but it was late in the night and there was literally no breeze. I started to fan him because he was panting as i heard him breathing. When electricity came back i put an fan on him (it was at a distance and spinning) but this morning and for the rest of the day....he has been acting a little strange.
He was extremely jumpy to every sudden move when i was playing with him and acted as if he was afraid.
I don't know what it is but i wanted to know if it had to do with what he experienced with no electricity and being so hot??

If your rabbit experienced severe heat stress, it is possible it caused physical damage, particularly neurological damage. If your rabbit is acting abnormally and you believe your rabbit experienced heat stroke, you should take your rabbit to be checked by your vet right away, though it may be that the damage is done and cannot be reversed.

Cooling tips (note: DO NOT use ice or cold water if a rabbit is already excessively hot)
When it's an emergency

I keep two frozen water bottles in the freezer in the summer just in case the power goes out. As soon as the power goes out i put a bottle in her room.

Hopefully your bunny is OK.

Latest posts

Back