Design plans for large scale rabbit hutch please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alrighty, hey there fellow rabbit lovers!
I'm looking for some help with designing a rabbit hutch!
At the moment all my rabbits are separate until each one can be desexed (1 out of 5 done) but once all have been done I will be bonding them together and so that they can live together happily they will of course need a large living space. I've seen a far few hutch designs that I like but have yet to find good plans to go off of. The hutch I plan to build will be longer than it is wide so you may need to keep that in mind.
If anyone has some plans they've got that they can give me it would be a real help ^-^

Oh, and if it makes a difference (tho I'm pretty sure it shouldn't) they are all related (parents and 3 babies) and it's 2 girls 3 boys, just thought I'd say in case you guys think it would make a difference for the actual sizing of the hutch.

For 5 rabbits that's going to have to be a very big hutch! Most of the plans I've seen (and the one we used) had separate compartments for 2-3 rabbits. Never seen one big enough to house 5 together in one area. I assume you're building it off the ground?

I've found the same thing, even the ones that say 2-3 rabbits I am a bit sketchy about. If you mean off the ground as in not sits right down on the dirt then yes, it will be off the ground by means of some sort off concrete floor (it sounds less appealing to some people but it won't be something they sit on by it's self as there will of course be plenty of hay and raised areas anyway if that makes sense. )
This is the sort of thing I have in mind, although it isn't the exact one I've got in mind (should have saved the pic)

images-3.jpeg

So you're looking for more of a rabbit shed design than a hutch by the looks of it. I can't really recommend anything one way or the other, but I'm sure as you've already done a google image search of rabbit sheds designs brings up plenty of results.

Latest posts

Back