Nail trimming help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stormageddon

Reaction score
So. Mr Stormy has made it well known that he HATES getting his nails trimmed.
I have tried the method of holding him against me, and I can't manage to get him into a bunny burrito (he is too squirmy!)
Any other ideas? I don't want to do the upside down bunny trans thing as it appears it is quite dangerous.

Help!

If nothing seems to work, and you fear the safety of yourself and your bun, the best option would probably be to take him to a vet.

If you find a good vet, they should be able to do it stress free for a decent price :)

Taking him to the vet each time might add up after a while, but it's so much better than having cut up arms and an injured bunny.

Goodluck!

I'm in the same boat as you... I managed to get a few nails clipped by bribing him with veggies (at the same time). The bunny burrito didn't work because he wiggle butt'd his way out of it. Lucky doesn't sit still for anything else.

I think the vet thing is going to be my only option.

If they are too squirmy you can try to find a friend or family member to help. One person can hold and the other can clip. Holding securely and covering the eyes definitely helps.

If this cannot be done then a vet is another option

Latest posts

Back