How often should I clean outdoor rabbit house

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarikhkj

Reaction score
Hi

Noob question.

I have built a big rabbit cage for my two rabbits, its outdoors and the floor is dirt and vegetation.

My question, how often should I clean the cage, or do I even have to clean it since its on the natural ground?

cage is 8 by 3 meters (25*10 feet)

Thanks!

I never had outdoor accommodations, so other people will be more qualified to answer but rabbits tend to poop a LOT. There is a warren of wild rabbit not far from my house and there are gigantic piles of poop everywhere XD. So, I would just keep an eye on it and take out the excess from time to time to avoid poop from piling up (it's true that it will decompose after a while, but I use my rabbits' waste in my compost and it takes a while). And of course, keep clean the place where you put the vegetables / hay...

I clean out my cages weekly, or when needed :) Because your cage is on the ground, it will be hard (if not impossible) to perfectly clean.

You could possibly use a tough broom and sweep the floor to remove hay and poop when needed?

We have an outdoor run/ elevated hutch set-up on the ground. Rakes and tough bristle brooms do work well. We clean once a week for the outdoor run and every 2 days for the hutch. Would love to see pictures of your set-up. It sounds amazing!

I clean mine once a week or when it needs to be cleaned...
Sometimes my cages need twice a week and I agree with MiniLopMad because it is on the ground it will be hard to keep clean :)

Latest posts

Back