Misbehaved

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kushmche

Reaction score
Daisy- my rabbit I've had for about 3-4 months now, has always been very friendly and loving. She would sit and watch entire movies with me on my lap while I pet her. She was potty trained, never chewed anything but her toys, she was the perfect little angel... Until recently. For the past few weeks she wants nothing to do with me. She thumps whenever I go near her, she squeeks and lunges at me (though has never bit thank goodness), and she poops and chews on everything. I'm not entirely sure what is up and was just hoping someone on here could answer some questions. I am worried about her behavior and want to make sure she gets the best care possible.

How old is she? Is she spayed? Is her other behavior normal(eg. relaxing and laying down like normal, playing)? Is she eating, drinking, and pooping normally? Has anything happened or changed in her environment that could be upsetting her?

Sounds like a case of hormones to me. My little baby girl bun got this way when she became a "teenager." Spaying should take care of these issues.

Sounds like a case of hormones to me. My little baby girl bun got this way when she became a "teenager." Spaying should take care of these issues.

Yep, that. That's completely normal, it's just that your baby is not a baby anymore. Spaying should help lots and avoid even more unpleasant behaviors (one of mine took to spray urine on walls and the furniture... it stopped on the day of the spay) and phantom pregnancies, which are really unpleasant (ever had a rabbit dig a burrow in your pillow? I sure did... she seemed really pleased about her handywork too).

Back