Acting strange please help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelbywachter

Reaction score
Hello, this is Peter, he's about 11 months old
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1438913284.061893.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1438913320.227321.jpg

He's usually very energetic, super happy, and crazy. Usually when I get home he will run up to the door or the ledge in his cage and greet me, nudge open his cage, and I'll let him and say hi, but when I give him a great he usually is extremely energetic and will run around, bouncing off the walls to get one. But today when I got home from practice he didn't come to say hi. So I figured he was tired so I gave him a little run and tried to give him some more pellets (which he goes crazy over) but he didn't care. So I tried to give him his favorite treat and he wouldn't even smell it. So I put him outside to see if he would want to run around. He just went in a corner and curled up. I didn't know what to do so I picked him up, he never lets anyone pick him up, ever. He doesn't have diarrhea, he has plenty of fresh water, hay, and toys to munch on. I just don't know what's wrong with him, or if it's a serious thing. So please help I don't know what to do

These where taken when he I first got him

View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1438913784.627184.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1438913809.111903.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1438913889.781657.jpg

I am no way an expert but I would say that certainly something is wrong with him, and I would take him to the vet. Watch if he is eating and drinking and pooping. If he doesn't, it would be serious and he needs to see the vet ASAP/
I hope he gets back to normal on his own. Is he neutered?
My unspayed females could be acting like this when they were hormonal and moody. But I think males are different especially if he's neutered.

PS he is super cute ! I hope he gets well

Any major change like that would have me worried- I would take him to the vet especially because his eating has changed- this can mean serious things like gi stasis, bloat, and more. Not worth chancing it if it has the potential to be something life threatening.
Best of luck x

how is Peter?

He's way better now sorry i haven't been on in a while, he's his normal self and everything is all right, he isn't fixed and I'm actually not sure his gender because I got him when he was little from pet supermarket, which was a bad choice but I'm still glad I have him

Latest posts

Back