Crash needs a bath

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He knocked over a cup of juice on himself!

Well... I don't think he needs a bath just because of that. If it is stained it can grow out by shedding but as long as you dried up the mess and if you have some rabbit-safe wipes you could use that. I don't really think a bath is necessary, I would only bathe him if he has a poopy butt or extremely dirty paws. Otherwise rabbts clean themselves very well and don't really need our help :)

Last edited:
As others have said, rabbits don't need to be bathed unless they have poopy butt (which is the result of another issue altogether). If he just has some juice spilled on him, take a damp cloth with warm (not hot) water and wipe off the area that is sticky. He will do the rest when he grooms himself again.

How about nail cutting tips? His nails cut me all the time

As mini said, those Howcast videos are a very good reference if you have any other rabbit related questions. They were filmed with the House Rabbit Society Education Director Mary Cotter, and actress Amy Sedaris, who is also a long time rabbit owner.

Heres a the link to the HRS page where they talk about the videos:

http://rabbit.org/hrs-education-dir...h-amy-sedaris-to-make-new-rabbit-care-videos/

Good luck!

It may take awhile for your bunny to get used to it. But maybe try the bunny burrito where you wrap the bunny up in a blanket. I've never tried this technique, but there are others who have so they can help!

I am one of those people who use a bunny burrito and it is a great help!

It stops them from kicking about and hurting themselves and people.

For one doe I would wrap her up in the burrito and clip one paw at a time. After each paw, she'd get a rest and a treat.

I don't have her anymore, so I do not use the burrito as much as I used to but when I did have her, it was amazing :D

You can shoot me a message if you want more details!

Hope I helped :)

It may take awhile for your bunny to get used to it. But maybe try the bunny burrito where you wrap the bunny up in a blanket. I've never tried this technique, but there are others who have so they can help!

I tried it and he still manages to squeze his way out so I normally put him between my legs tight but not too tight (tight enough for him unable to escape) and stroke him and give him treats for every nail. I have to bribe him and secure him like that or else he just gets very angry about it lol. I would recommend clipping bunny's nails at least once a month because they don't need to be clipped to often but it helps when they do grow a bit too much (I started clipping when I could feel his nails digging into my skin when on my lap through my trousers and it hurts! :p)

Latest posts

Back