Help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piperthedutchbunny

Reaction score
I have two female rabbits named piper and bambi.
Ive had piper first, got her about four months ago. My bf and i decided to get another one... So we got bambi two days ago..they're around the same age and not spayed. ( will be soon hopefully) they hate eachother. We tried to introduce them and they immediately fought. So we set up two cages next to eachother and at first they try to claw at each other... But as i let them out one by one to play...bambi always tries to lay next to piper from the outside of her cage.( is that a good sign?) I feel hopeless[emoji20] ...wish i did a little more research before i decided to get another rabbit. (especially a female.) I wish they would stop being Territorial and get along. Any tips?

I have two female rabbits named piper and bambi.
Ive had piper first, got her about four months ago. My bf and i decided to get another one... So we got bambi two days ago..they're around the same age and not spayed. ( will be soon hopefully) they hate eachother. We tried to introduce them and they immediately fought. So we set up two cages next to eachother and at first they try to claw at each other... But as i let them out one by one to play...bambi always tries to lay next to piper from the outside of her cage.( is that a good sign?) I feel hopeless[emoji20] ...wish i did a little more research before i decided to get another rabbit. (especially a female.) I wish they would stop being Territorial and get along. Any tips?
Also, im not sure if bambi is a chinchilla breed or american...let me know what you think plz....

Also, im not sure if bambi is a chinchilla breed or american...let me know what you think plz....

It would have been easier if it was male and female but it is still do-able.

First I would put them both in a place that is neutral such as a bathroom, cardboard box, a small cage not used yet. Make sure you are wearing some gloves (oven gloves are good) to prevent any harm to you and a dust pan maybe or a piece of cardboard to seperate them in case of a fight. You can also use something that is really loud and startles them so they can stop fighting (like a vacuum, my bun doesn't like the vacuum so its good). Keep the bonding time short like 5-10 mins a day until there is no more fighting. Put some hay in there so they can eat and get used to seeing each other eat. Then when you think they are ok take them to the cage but make sure you still have the equipment, if they fight again start from the beginning. Keep this stage short aswell 10-15 mins (if there is fighting end it immediatley). Then finally if they are doing great then you can cement them by letting them exercise together or chill in the cage (this is unlimited time but must be supervised, if the fighting somehow happens then start again). If they are getting along you can move them in together and hopefully they shouldn't fight anymore :)

Hope this helps.

First I would get them neutered before I'd try to work with them. Elimination of the hormone behavior will dampen the territorial behaviors a little bit. We had two bonded females and they were inseparable, but, it took time and effort.

Yeh what I wrote was assuming they were spayed but that should be the first thing to do. Spaying will make it even more easier to bond them.

Latest posts

Back