Ant Infestation!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissyAndMoonlight

Reaction score
Just today I noticed a few ants running around in my rabbits cage. I pulled down their ramp, and discovered lots of ants and a large pile of eggs. I quickly got rid of the eggs and most of the ants, but they will not go away!!! There are still quite a few ants running around, and I was wondering- are ants harmful to rabbits (probably not), and does anyone know of a bunny safe way to get ride of the last of the ants?

AHHH! I found another smaller pile of eggs in another spot!! Now I'm desperate....

Try using lemon juice. Ants hate lemon juice and its safe for the buns. Pour it on the trail that they are using to come and go. Clean out the rest of the eggs and use the lemon juice. Hopefully that will evict them.

I had ant problems a while back and couldn't get rid of them! I wish I knew about this forum back then :p If I ever have another ant problem now, I'll know to use lemon :D hahaha

its probably obvious but take your rabbit out of the cage while doing this as you have to use quite a lot of lemon and it can hurt rabbits because of the acid in the juice and stuff :) although they are not likely to sit there and lick it but yeah and plus it will have dead ants in it and stuff...

Latest posts

Back