We Got A Rescue Bunny Yesterday!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackalope

Reaction score
The Hawaii Humane Society was having a special Adoption Day: All adoptions were $10. Although we are pretty happy with Sasquatch and Frost, we just had to go.

Originally I saw a brown and white Lop (Hazel) on the website, and headed over with the intent to bring him home. Unfortunately, the staff told me Hazel was great with all people and animals (EXCEPT other rabbits.) Apparently he was aggressive with the rabbits in his old home, and they had neutered him before he arrived at the shelter. I'm not sure what was going on with Hazel, but the staff warned me against bonding him with mine.

I was pretty disappointed, but then we found this little gal. The staff called her Thumper, but we named her Boe.

Boe is a 5 month old Holland Lop. She had been micro-chipped and spayed on July 4th and ready for adoption yesterday. Until her stitches heal, she is kept in a dog kennel away from Frost and Sasquatch, but we did let them sit together for a little while. It went well.

She is so friendly, and sweet! I'll have better pictures later.

20150705_160722-2.jpg

Aww, she's so cute! How wonderful that she's in a loving home with bunny friends <3 Keep us updated on her - I hope she gets along with the others and settles in :)

Thank you. :) She might be a Fuzzy Lop....not sure. Will post updates.

So here is a little better picture of Boe. She is three colors, long ears, longer fur...some kind of Lop. I think she will get a little bigger but not much. Hyper little thing. Loves to be held, but once you put her down she is off sniffing everything in site and running around.

We're not going to put her in a home with Frost. Neither seem totally wild about the idea. Looks like we're going to have to build a pen/hutch just for her. That's ok though, as the other two have their own dwellings. Ah well.

Happy Monday all.

20150706_125040-2-2.jpg

@MiniLop and Lokin...thanks. She's a sweet girl.

Last edited:
she's so pretty :) Your rabbits can probably bond with each other, it just takes time and patience. it would be so nice if they were able to live together because they love to have companionship with other rabbits. It's so nice of you to have rescued your bunny. shes' very lucky

@kdrinkwater...Thanks. :)

Well, when we purchased Frost, the guy told us we were purchasing a female. That's not the case. :) We learned Frost was a little boy soon after we introduced him to Boe. Luckily Boe is spayed, but Frost doesn't go in for his snip and chip until the 19th (Sasquatch too). Perhaps after they are both fixed we can try again. Right now he loves to groom her, and then attempts to mount. She really isn't having any of it, so we keep them separated.

Boe was a sweet little find at the shelter. She is very friendly.

So we'll see what happens after the procedure, and everyone is healed up.

She's just gorgeous! It'd be great if they could all three live together after they are all healed up, I hope they coopereate with you!

Harlequin! Huh...Didn't know that. Thanks MC Bunnies. I was just calling her tri-color. Harlequin sounds cooler.

yeah :) i love the colour i also love seal points, otter ( any colour otter), magpies, viennas (my fav), sooty fawns and others but theres like 4 more so i won't list them hahaha there the colours i breed for show and for pet and to work on my type and conformation :)

Thanks MC!

We're learning quite a bit about the Hotot's, Flemish Giants and Lops these days but I had no idea there were so many different colors/categories.

Boe had her vet check-up yesterday and her stitches from the surgery are healing nicely. She's pretty comfortable in the large dog kennel for now. Loves to cuddle with the girls.

hahah thats so cute :happyrabbit: i have been breeding rabbits all this year and last year and have had them since i was 3... i started to learn colours a long time ago but have only recently started to show and stuff and i have been introduced to so many new colours hahah there is over 100 different colours :)

Very cool. Personally, I would love another Lop some day (some new color)....but we have our hands full with 3 different breeds. The Flemish Giant, (Sasquatch) seems angry right now and is flipping his stuff because I pulled his pellets. He refused to eat his Timothy, and the vet said to pull them for now.

He is eating Timothy, but grudgingly.

It's always something, no?

Latest posts

Back