Bunny breathing and weird noises

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nem8685

Reaction score
So I have a dwarf bunny and he had ran away and was out for 2 days until someone down the road found him and we went and got him lately he has been acting strange like not moving around much just sits in the corner and faces away and i can hear him breathing and making like weird whining noises I would describe it as I am wondering what is wrong and if i need to take him to the vet or something? He eats fine it seems.

I would try to hold him up so his ribs are against your ear and listen to see if you can tell if it is his lungs or if there is anything in his air passages. Also, does his body temperature seem ok? I would worry that something like a dog may have gotten him or he swallowed something and there could be internal damages. I think I would take him to the vet myself. Also, make sure he is drinking plenty of water as well as eating and poo and urine looks normal.

I would try to hold him up so his ribs are against your ear and listen to see if you can tell if it is his lungs or if there is anything in his air passages. Also, does his body temperature seem ok? I would worry that something like a dog may have gotten him or he swallowed something and there could be internal damages. I think I would take him to the vet myself. Also, make sure he is drinking plenty of water as well as eating and poo and urine looks normal.

So I took him to vet he weighed him and checked him out said everything external.fine noting broken and injured ears look good mouth etc from the vets view he gave me.some thing to.give.him. incase infection and pain med I notice lately he has been flopping over like he's drunk and also has hard time getting up he doesn't move around a lot either I heard this is called floppy bunny syndrome.is this fatal ? What can I do

Make sure he is still eating and drinking even if that means putting food and water right in front of him. And I'd go right back to the vet, I hope you have one that is rabbit savvy. Good luck and keep us posted..

Did you take him to a rabbit savvy vet? It sounds to me like there is definitely something wrong with him despite what the vet said. Did that vet take xrays or blood tests, or give sub q fluids? Without xrays in particular, it would be difficult to know if there is some sort of internal injury affecting your rabbit.

Floppy rabbit syndrome is usually due to a nutrient deficiency. Though it is possible, I suspect something like an internal injury or dehydration as a more likely cause for your rabbits symptoms. In any case I would contact your vet, or if not rabbit savvy, find a rabbit savvy vet immediately. Your rabbits condition does sound quite severe and is an emergency.
http://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

I had problem(s) w/ my girl ( my baby kept on sneezing all day long =0/ ) in my last flat or apartment, it had carpet

but once I moved, to the current place that I am at. it has tile and haven't since had any problem(s) as of yet

just depends on the atmosphere IMO

Back