how do I cut her nails

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your bunny is difficult, you can try wrapping her up in a bunny burrito and then put out one paw at a time.

Make sure when you clip the nails, you don't cut the quick. The quick is the little red bit at the part of the nail closest to the skin. If you cut it, your bunny will bleed as it is a little blood vessel.

There are some good videos on YouTube instructing how to clip your rabbits nails safely.

If you don't feel comfortable clipping the nails yourself, you can take your bun to the vet to get it done.

Hope I helped a little :)

ok thanks!

I got the front ones clipped. Any hints for getting the back ones?

Maybe try putting your bun in a burrito with the butt sticking out :) I have to do this with one of my buns and she doesn't like it, but it's over and done with fairly quickly.

Praise and reward your bun after each paw, this can really help nail clipping be a more positive experience and my difficult bun learnt that she'd get a treat quicker if she sat still.

As I also said before, if it does end up being too difficult for you, take your bunny to a vet and they can do it for you :)

Hope all goes well! Good luck ;)

Latest posts

Back